Avid has release the new Pro Tools 2019.6 update, which resolves an issue where interruptions in internet connectivity can cause Pro Tools First, Pro Tools, and Pro Tools Ultimate to delete local (offline) Projects.
2019.6 fixes a variety of Pro Tools bugs, and also brings a couple of new features, the significant feature is that Avid’s HEAT software is now available for Pro Tools Standard users. Previously it was only available to Pro Tools Ultimate users.
Important install update regarding Pro Tools productsThis email is to inform you that Pro Tools 2019.6 (released today) resolves an issue we uncovered where interruptions in internet connectivity can cause Pro Tools | First, Pro Tools, and Pro Tools | Ultimate to delete local (offline) Projects. We escalated this issue with high priority, identified the cause, and have delivered a fix with this release. It is advised that you install this update if you are using cloud storage. For more information please refer to the Release Notes and visit your Avid Master Account to manage your Pro Tools license.
Thank you again for being an Avid customer, and we appreciate your continued support.
The Avid Pro Tools Team
Add some HEAT to your mix. Get the warmth and sonic character of analog “in the box” with HEAT (Harmonically Enhanced Algorithm Technology), an easy-to-use Pro Tools and Pro Tools | Ultimate software add-on that gives you the euphonic characteristics of prized analog gear without the expense or added bulk.
Developed in collaboration with renowned audio designer Dave Hill, HEAT tightly integrates with your Pro Tools | HDX, Pro Tools | HD Native, or older Pro Tools | HD system, enabling you to easily create rich-sounding mixes like never before—with unique warmth, punch, and clarity. Whether you’re mixing music or sound for picture, you’ll get the unmistakable sonic characteristics of a vintage analog console or outboard gear to “gel” your mixes together—right in Pro Tools.
Note Avid HEAT is not included in the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle. Avid HEAT is available from the Avid Store and priced at $495 or contact RSPE for information.
Pro Tools 2019.6 Release Notes
MTRX DigiLink I/O Card Support
- Provides interface support for MTRX DigiLink I/O Card
- The HEAT software option can now be used with both Pro Tools and Pro Tools | Ultimate. Previously, HEAT was only supported with Pro Tools | Ultimate. To learn more about HEAT, go here.
Bug FixesCloud / Collaboration
- Locally saved Projects will no longer be deleted when using an unstable internet connection. (PT-252067)
- Fixed a Pro Tools crash that may occur after removing VCA spills from the Avid S6 surface. (PT-252119)
- VCA Bus knobs are once again updating when making adjustments to VCA member tracks. (PT-251990)
Crashes / Errors
- Fixed a crash that may occur when opening a session on a playback engine device that doesn't support the selected sample rate. (PT-252206/PT-251803)
- Fixed a case where sessions created/saved in Pro Tools | Ultimate would crash when opened in Pro Tools software. (PT-252267)
- Fixed a case where some options would not display in the Varispeed Elastic Audio plug-in "Elastic Properties" window. (PT-251842)
- Fixed a hang that may occur after making an edit when the "Separate Clip On All Related Takes" preference is enabled (PT-251516)
- Prevented some cases where keystrokes would be dropped immediately after signing into your Avid account. (PT-251515)
- Fixed a memory leak when linking to files with a very large interleave index. (PT-249986)
- Fixed a case where the wrong video engine project format is selected when importing a new video file. (PT-252143/PT-251509)
- A space is once again allowed as a track name when renaming tracks. (PT-252019)
- The "New Tracks" dialog will no longer appear when using the "New Paths" key command in the IO Setup window for a second consecutive time. (PT-251554)
- Fixed an issue where solo'd tracks would no longer be heard if soloing multiple times during playback on a non-HDX system with AFL mode enabled. (PT-251511)