Universal Audio have just announced UAD-2 Live Rack which allows you to use the power of realtime UAD powered processing and UAD plug-ins for your live sound mixes. Two versions have been announced, Core which features a bundle of 12 of UA's most popular plugins, or Ultimate, which features over 90 UAD powered Plug-ins.
UAD-2 Live RackUAD-2 Live Rack is a 16-channel MADI effects processor for live sound engineers to craft their mixes using Realtime UAD Processing and industry-leading UAD plug-ins — including Antares Auto-Tune Realtime — right out of the box. Up to four UAD-2 Live Rack units can be combined for up to 64 channels of MADI signal processing. The system is controlled with a Mac computer via Thunderbolt and the Live Rack application, which is specifically designed for fast, easy, and safe operation during live shows. The Live Rack app is also optimized for touch control with a Mac-compatible touchscreen display.
UAD-2 Live Rack Key Features
- 16-channel MADI effects processor for live mixing w/ Realtime UAD QUAD Core Processing and UAD plug-ins
- Process with acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins while mixing live sound — including no latency pitch correction with Antares Auto-Tune Realtime
- Your choice of 2 plug-in bundles:
- Core includes a suite of 12 UAD plug-ins including Antares Auto-Tune Realtime, Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and more
- Ultimate includes over 90 UAD plug-ins including exclusive titles from Antares, Studer SSL, Neve, Manley, Lexicon, API, Fender, Moog, and many more
- Allows use of any licensed UAD plug-in(s) in users’ UAD accounts*
- Combine 4 units for up to 64 channels of Optical MADI signal processing
- Store configuration Snapshot files for easy recall of all show settings
- Load Snapshot configurations via MIDI or Soundcraft Vi CUE functionConnects to Soundcraft Vi consoles via Ethernet for Snapshot CUE control
- Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for Macs (for plug-in control only)
Realtime UAD Plug-In ProcessingWith its Realtime UAD QUAD Core Processing, UAD-2 Live Rack lets engineers enhance their live mixes with the world’s best analog emulations, courtesy of Universal Audio’s acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins library. This sleek 1U rackmount processor comes with a generous suite of UAD plug-ins, including legendary 1176 and Teletronix LA-2A compressors, and Pultec EQs. And existing UAD plug-in users can readily use their licensed UAD plug-ins with UAD-2 Live Rack.*
Also included with UAD-2 Live Rack is the Antares Auto-Tune Realtime plug-in. Legendary for its vocal enhancing and creative applications, genuine Antares Auto-Tuning can be used in real time for pitch correction and modern pop vocal effects.
Live Rack ApplicationWith the Live Rack application, front-of-house engineers can take advantage of intuitive features such as drag and drop, copy and paste, keyboard navigation, plug-in zoom, and the ability to store and recall channel strip presets and/or complete setup configuration Snapshots. Designed for seamless operation in a live setting, the Live Rack app features large text and GUI elements making it easy to quickly tweak parameters.
The Live Rack app also features MIDI snapshot recall capabilities as well as networked software integration with select Soundcraft Vi consoles.