Dolby Announce New Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite and Production Suite
Dolby Announces Powerful new tools for audio professionals to create, mix, master, and edit high-quality Dolby Atmos content for Blu-ray, digital delivery, gaming, and virtual reality.
Following Avid's announcement of Dolby Atmos Integration into Pro Tools HD, Dolby have just announced two new Dolby Atmos software bundles that work in conjunction with Pro Tools. The two software suites are Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite and Production Suite.
Dolby Atmos Mastering SuiteThe Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite is a set of tools designed to allow a post-production facility create, edit, mix and master high-quality Dolby Atmos content for Blu-ray and Digital Delivery.
It provides all the necessary software for a facility to build their own Home Theater RMU (Rendering and Mastering Unit), as well as enable edit and pre-mix rooms to work with Dolby Atmos content that feeds into the main mix room.
Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite Features:
- Allows a user to build their own HT-RMU, for the ultimate in Dolby Atmos mastering workflow
- Master high-value content for Blu-ray and digital delivery, without any restrictions caused by rendering on the same computer as you DAW
- Work with multiple source/recorder machines for ultimate flexibility, and with any existing Dolby Atmos panning client
- Includes 3 copies of the Dolby Atmos Production Suite, to enable edit and pre-mix rooms that feed into a main mix room
Dolby Mastering Suite Includes the Dolby Atmos Production SuiteThe Dolby Atmos Production Suite is a set of tools designed to allow audio post production professionals to work with content in the Dolby Atmos format. It is a complete in-the-box solution for Avid Pro Tools users working with Dolby Atmos, allowing monitoring of content without the need for an external Dolby Rendering and Mastering Unit.
It provides editorial and premix functionality for film and TV content, along with a complete end-to-end workflow for VR content. It also enables playback and QC of any Dolby Atmos master file, greatly simplifying QC workflows for high-value content.
Dolby Atmos Production Suite Features
- Create Dolby Atmos content as part of in-the-box workflows with Pro Tools
- Complete end-to-end VR workflow for creation of encoded Dolby Atmos VR content
- Monitor Dolby Atmos content on speakers (up to 9.1.6 speaker layout) or binaurally on headphones
- Record audio and metadata from Pro Tools to a Dolby Atmos Master File (.atmos file)
- QC any Dolby Atmos master file (.atmos; PRM; DCP MXF; BWF ADM)
- Re-render (live or offline) any Dolby Atmos master file to standard channel-based formats, including stereo, 5.1, 7.1, b-format and binaural PCM