Avid has just announced the release of Pro Tools 12.5.1, the newest update for Pro Tools 12 Software.
The 12.5.1 release focuses primarily on bug fixes, which improves stability and covers almost every part of the Pro Tools application. The update also adds support for Pro Tools | Dock.
Pro Tools 12.5.1 Enhancements
Pro Tools | Dock Support
The EUCON AppSet for Pro Tools | Dock is installed automatically with Pro Tools 12.5.1. This AppSet is required for proper Dock button functionality. Refer to the “Optimizing EuControl After a Pro Tools Update” section of the Pro Tools | Dock guide for setup instructions.
Learn more about Pro Tools | Dock here.
New Features and Improvements in Pro Tools 12.5.1
- Project Collaboration Invitations in the Dash-board
- Opening a Project from the Chat Window
Pro Tools 12.5.1 Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed an unexpected volume change that intermittently occurred when using non-HDX playback engines and starting playback from directly on top of a mute automation event
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a Commit command was cleared from the undo queue
- Write to All enabled no longer fails to work when using the numeric keypad shortcut on non-English keyboard layouts
For a full list of what's new in Pro Tools 12.5.1 read this article.
Qualifying owners should check their Avid account or use the Avid Application Manager for the update.