Avid Pro Tools | Dock Now Available + Pro Tools | Control Gets Update!
Pro Tools | Dock is now widely available and ready for action. Originally announced at AES NY in October, the highly anticipated latest addition to the Avid Pro Mixing family is now shipping. You can get a hands-on demonstration of the Dock in the RSPE Showroom, paired with the S3 Control Surface.
What is Pro Tools | Dock?The Pro Tools | Dock is a compact, ergonomic, EUCON control surface for integrating our Avid's iPad app, Pro Tools | Control. It’s based on the advanced touchscreen workflows on the Master Touch Module of the award-winning Pro Tools | S6, This system demonstrates Avid's philosophy that mixers need the best of physical faders, knobs, and switches in conjunction with touchscreen technology for things like fast navigation, metering, and on-screen plug-in control – a true hybrid approach. It’s equally adept at editorial and mixing workflow enhancement. And, when the Dock is paired with Pro Tools | S3, you gain complimentary and enhanced functionality with the dedicated automation switches, transport controls, weighted aluminum jog wheel, color-coded Soft Key switches, and more.
Updated Pro Tools | Control AppWith Pro Tools | Control app for iPad, you can record and mix audio in Pro Tools, Media Composer, Logic, Cubase, and Nuendo, faster and more easily than working with a mouse and keyboard alone. The app combines the tight hardware/software integration and high-speed communication power of EUCON technology with the multi-touch advancements of iOS, so you get deep control, with great mixing flexibility. And when used with an Avid Pro Tools | S3, Pro Tools | Dock, or Artist Series control surface, you gain new touch workflows and custom control. New Features include:
- Channel view—Similar to the touchscreen view on the Pro Tools | S6 control surface, this mode enables you to control multiple channel parameters quickly with a touch, including inserts, sends, panning, plug-ins, and more (supported with Pro Tools only at this time)
- Soft Keys view—Speed up editing and mixing tasks using 24 big, customizable soft key buttons that enable you to trigger many EUCON-aware application commands and functions, and even program your own macros
- Integrate Pro Tools | Control on your iPad with the new Pro Tools | Dock control surface for full touch and tactile control
- Work faster and easier with the enhanced and improved user interface
- Bring direct high-speed Ethernet connectivity to your iPad with support for the wired Lightning-to-USB 3 Camera Adapter and USB 2-to-Ethernet Adapter
- Experience better performance with many improvements and fixes
Key features of Pro Tools | Control and DockThe Dock seamlessly integrated with iPad using the Pro Tools | Control app, the image you see below shows the ‘super’ Channel view. The Dock’s eight soft knobs can be used to control parameters like EQ, Dynamics, Panning, and Sends on the Attentioned (focused) channel – ala the S6 Master Touch Module.
A highly requested enhancement that has just been added to the Pro Tools\ Control app is the color mapped Soft Keys larger view, (pictured below on iPad connected to the Dock). The two rows of LED color-coded buttons on the Dock right below the screen change colors and map to the Soft Keys in the smaller view on your iPad – lining up directly underneath the matching soft button onscreen.
The iPad and Pro Tools | Control app are also now qualified to work as a wired direct connection to your Ethernet network with a 2 adapters from Apple (the wired Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter + USB 2 to Ethernet Adapter) for connection of Ethernet cable.
Be sure to get your hands on a demo of the Dock in the RSPE Showroom. It works standalone with an iPad and retails for $ 1,199 – (iPad sold separately). The Dock also pairs with the S3 as mentioned above to offer a powerful, integrated, ergonomic, editing and mixing system for under $ 6,200 retail.
Shop Pro Tools | Dock Now or Contact your RSPE Sales Representative to schedule a demonstration.