Avid have just announced that EuControl/Workstation 3.4 is now available! This is the biggest release Avid have done in a long time with new features and many bug fixes. Here is some of what's new and fixed in Eucon 3.4:
What's New for S3• All Pro Tools meter types are now supported.
• Enabling a second workstation and general connectivity has been improved.
• In EuControl Settings>General, you can toggle the primary function of the Rec/A switch on the Dock, S3, Artist Control and Artist Mix
• S3 Audio Control - Direct Out mode lets you use S3 as a small mixer, designate an S3 audio input for talkback, and more.
• S3 Audio Control - Single Display mode lets you have all audio parameters accessed from a single Channel Control Encoder (16) instead of eight (9–16).
- Major connectivity improvements for Pro Tools | Control and surfaces when connected directly Mac and Windows workstations
- EUCON 3.3 would not connect to different subnets
- Automation data from faders and knobs was erratic at approximately 13ms intervals for all EUCON surfaces
- Surface Shift + fader cap touch now sets fader value to 0 dB for all surfaces, regardless of whether surface Shift is latched On.
- that this requires that the EuControl Preference Shift + fader sets level to 0dB is enabled
- Selecting a track in Pro Tools auto-scrolls to top when going past the bank limits of any EUCON console
- In Pro Tools, enabling EUCON in Setup > Peripherals while there was no surface connected caused Pro Tools to take 10 seconds to quit
- EuControl 3.3.2 uninstaller did not uninstall EuControl
- EuControl was crashing silently on Windows when exiting EuControl
- With Windows 8.1, application focus change occurred when accessing the System Tray notification area
- On Windows, surfaces did not always Add the first time to move them from All Surfaces list to My Surfaces
- Meters on some mono audio tracks in Nuendo/Cubase would sometimes not work after banking a surface
- Mouse response slowed on Windows 10 after EuControl was installed
- Windows 10: App focus change now occurs when accessing the system tray notification area
- EuControl on Windows (only) did not auto launch on first try when performing an upgrade from 3.3 to 3.3.1
- EuControl 3.3.1 uninstaller did not uninstall EuControl
- EuconWS (Workstation Control) installer was not launching MC Client after install was complete
- After exiting Multi-Master VCA Spill mode S3 would not go to the previously recalled layout
- After closing a session, the Multi-Master Spill indicator LEDs for <Bank and Bank> switches would be on
- When a VCA is spilled in Single Master mode, LEDs for <Bank and Bank> switches would be on
- S3 Multi-Master Mode Spill would not always unspill on first attempt
- S3 would incorrectly indicate Multi-Master Mode after unspilling by recalling a Layout
- S3 would not always reconnect to EuControl if powered off and on while EuControl was running
- After updating S3 firmware, EuControl could crash while Pro Tools was launching
- Windows 8.x 64-bit
- Windows 10
- Mac OS 10.10.3+
- Mac OS 10.11.4+
Log into your Avid account here to access EuControl software.