Spectrasonics' Omnisphere 2 Is Coming!
Spectrasonics has announced that Omnisphere 2 is coming April 30, 2015. Omnisphere 2 is a major upgrade to its best-selling flagship software synth. 'Version 2.0' adds a vast amount of new synthesis and creative capabilities for sound design and significant user interface innovations.
The upgrade includes the most requested Omnisphere feature: Audio import for user created soundsources, along with major new oscillator features including 100 times the number of DSP Oscillator waveforms, morphing Wavetables, new granular synthesis options, over 3,000 unique new sounds created by Spectrasonics acclaimed sound design team, 25 new FX units, an enhanced User Interface, and innovative production/browsing features like Sound Match to instantly locate any related sounds in the library, and Sound Lock to create endless useful patch variations by locking sound aspects while browsing other patches. These are just a FEW of the thousands of new additions offered in Omnisphere 2.
"Our biggest goal with Omnisphere 2 is to offer more freedom to create for every type of person using it, " states Spectrasonics' Founder and Creative Director Eric Persing. "This is the first 'version 2' of any of our software instruments, and it's monumental. We had a blast creating all the features and sounds over many years and we can't wait to see what our users are inspired to do with Omnisphere 2."
Vast New Synthesis Possibilities:
- Audio Import - Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere.
- Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator - an increase of 100X.
- Wavetable Synthesis - Each Waveform is now a Morphing Wavetable.
- Powerful New Granular Synthesis algorithm.
- Deeper FM/Ring Mod capabilities for aggressive timbres.
- 8 New Filter Types - New Power Filters, Vowel, Resonators.
- New Unison Drift models Analog Polysynth behavior.
- Expanded Modulation with new sources and many more targets.
- Polyphonic LFO and Modulation Envelope options.
- Soundsource Reversing.
Now includes over 10,000 sounds:
- More than 3,000 New patches and soundsources from acclaimed Spectrasonics Sound Design Team.
- New Omnisphere EDM library with cutting-edge, modern sounds.
- New Exclusive Soundsources from Diego Stocco's Custom Built Instruments.
- New category of Phrase-based Soundsources for granular synthesis.
- Hundreds of new Circuit Bent Soundsources.
- Many Innovative new Psychoacoustic Soundsources.
- New Melodic Cave Stalactites Soundsources.
- ...and much, much more.
- Redesigned Wider User Interface with many improvements.
- New Show Modulation pane opens modulation routings/sources on left side.
- New Mini-Browser available at all times.
- Larger Full Browser Design.
- Enhanced Browsing experience:
- Sound Match feature instantly locates any related sounds in the library.
- Sound Lock allows endless useful variations by locking sound aspects while you browse.
- Easy Sound/Project Sharing for collaborators and third party libraries.
- Greatly Improved sound organization system.
- Fast Auto Preview/Progressive Loading allows rapid browsing.
- Browse Patches by Mood.
- Expanded Genres.
- Browse by Oscillator type.
- Boolean search options.
- New Arpeggiator Features:
- Note transposition for step seq-style patterns.
- Arp pattern lock while browsing.
- Speed Offset control allows slow down/speed up effects.
- New modulation capabilities.
25 New FX Units:
- Quad Resonator.
- Thriftshop Speaker.
- Classic Twin.
- Rock Stack.
- Stompbox Modeler.
- Metalzone Distortion.
- Toxic Smasher.
- Foxxy Fuzz.
- Analog Phaser.
- Analog Flanger.
- Analog Chorus.
- Analog Vibrato.
- Solina Ensemble.
- Vintage Tremolo.
- Envelope Filter.
- Crying Wah.
- Precision Compressor.
- Studio 2-Band EQ.
- Flexible New FX Features:
- 16 FX units per patch.
- Full matrix modulation of every FX slot.
- New Aux FX rack per patch with Pre/Post fader sends.
- Hundreds of New FX Presets and Racks.
- Lock FX while browsing.
- Improvements/Special Features:
- Live Mode with key splits.
- Enhanced Orb with Attractor mode.
- Trilian Custom Controls compatibility.
- Global Clock Speed (Halftime, Doubletime, etc).
- ...and much more.
Omnisphere 2 is set to be released April 30, 2015 and will also be available as a paid upgrade to existing Omnisphere owners.